Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sponsor Spotlight: Evon- Von

Evon Von

Evon-Von has been one of our biggest supporters here at D.I.Y. Louisville - complimenting, cheering, and applauding all of our endeavors since the very beginning.  She has a quirky, endearing charm, and she’s become a dear bloggy friend.  This month we wanted to get a little more personal with this wonderful gal.  Read below for our interview with Evon, and don’t forget to check out her blog http://www.evon-von.com/.

Evon Von

Tell us a little bit about Evon Von.

Evon Von is a combination of personal experiences, recipes, movie reviews, art and craft projects and many miscellaneous things. It also serves as a 'memory box' for me. I can look back at the cool projects I've created, or reminisce about a fun time in my life. It provides a great way for me to connect with people all over the world that share my interests! After many trials and many errors, I have finally created the web space that I am in love with. I've started (and closed) many different blogs because they were not what I wanted. Evon Von is steadily growing and I am constantly inspired to improve.

What prompted you to start blogging?

When I was younger, I always kept a written diary. As we moved into a digital age, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and keep an online journal. At first it was just a day to day diary, but after lots of changes, personal growth and learning to be tech savvy, blogging has truly turned into a passion for me. I'm not sure if its sad or not, but I always get excited when brainstorming ideas for new blog posts, new layouts, or features!

What are your favorite DIY projects?

Turning a plain bracelet into a colorful, beautiful one! A great use of tin cans, and this spring light up wreath.

You recently moved into a new home in a new state. It's been fun reading about your journey thus far. Do you have any DIY projects in the works for your new digs?

Well since we finally have a backyard, I've become slightly obsessed with gardening and outdoor decor! Here are a few ideas I'm planning for!

Making upcycled bird feeders, a cool herb garden, and dressing up the windows on our house like this

Are there any artists/crafters/DIY'ers you've been crushing on lately?

I love A Beautiful Mess Blog, papernstitch, and Crafted Love!

 

Thanks Evon for supporting D.I.Y. Louisville and letting us catch up with you!  It’s always great fun getting to know our readers and supporters! 

~julee~ & --kim